The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fabric Yo Yo Wreath




I love Mary Engelbreit and this cute wreath reminds me of her designs and illustrations. It is SUPER easy to make and it adds a nice homemade touch to your front door or wall. (This idea is adapted from one found on Poppytalk.)


Materials:


Two different Colors of Yarn

Foam Wreath Form

Fabric Scraps


Needle and Thread


Buttons (optional)


Super Glue



Step 1: Take the foam wreath form and wrap the yarn around it in any design that you would like. I alternated colors but you could use the same color or intertwine the colors together it is up to you.



Step 2: Make the yo-yos! Use different sizes of circles to make your yo-yos. I used coffee cups, canister tops, and bowls as my stencils.





Step 3: Cut the fabric and make a small fold at the top of the fabric. Pull your needle through the fabric and make loose stitches all around your circle. Pull the thread so that the fabric looks like a little purse and then secure by sewing the middle of the yo-yo to the back.


























Step 4: Add small yo-yos to large ones for a flower look or just go with single yo-yos. You can add buttons or other notions if you would like.














Step 5: Use super adhesive glue to secure your yo-yos and display! :)



If you decide to make one, send me a picture and I will post it!






No comments:

Post a Comment