The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spinach Salad with Low Fat Horseradish Ranch


I have never been one to whip up salads for meals, but for the birthday party this past weekend, I figured that I should provide a healthy side dish for my guests.  :)  The girls helped me with this one!  Making the dressing may sound silly when you can just buy some at the store, but keeping foods whole is better for you.  I figure that if it can sit on a shelf, unrefrigerated for any number of days, it must have some kind of preservatives in it.  And if it can sit on that shelf for that long, how long can it sit in your stomach?

  They even ate the leftovers the next day with dinner--well everything but the tomatoes!

Spinach Salad
bag of baby spinach
2 hard boiled eggs diced
cherry tomatoes
garlic croutons
half of a white onion, sliced
bacon chopped  ( looking back I will use turkey bacon)
1/2 package of baby bella mushrooms

Horseradish Ranch Dressing
3 TBS Low fat milk
1 TBS Horseradish
Half a packet of ranch seasoning
1/2 cup of low fat or fat free sour cream

Whisk with a small whisk or fork, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.  Add more sour cream if it is too thin or more milk if it is too thick.

Enjoy!
Mix it up and

No comments:

Post a Comment