The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's been wayyyy too long.........so why not play dough!

I'm back.  Well hopefully, if I can get my act together!  I have been posting so many fun activities that we do to Facebook or Pinterest.  I felt like their proper home was The Big Pink Pig, therefore....I'm back.  :)

Today was blue play dough.  We are experimenting with favor ideas for Caroline's birthday that is coming up.  We have decided this year to go on the smaller side of things, so there won't be as many people, BUT we still want to show people a good time.  What usually constitutes a good time around here is a mess :)  "Your welcome" to party guests in advance!

Recipe:

1 cup flour
1 cup water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup salt
lots of food coloring!

1.  Dump it all in the pot over medium heat and stir until it forms chunks (ideally a ball, but it will burn fast at the bottom so stir, stir, stir!)

2.  Let it cool for about 15 minutes in the fridge and then PLAY!

The girls LOVE cooking so it is really an ideal activity for them to do.  Plus, they love "making meals for me" haha so there is a shot of them making tonight's dinner with the dough!

Have fun and please visit soon!  I promise to post more!



Caroline likes to sit in her dinner apparently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment