Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Did someone say Peanut Butter Cream Pie??
Joy The Baker.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie.
For the crust:
1 box of double stuffed oreos
6 tbsp of butter melted
dash of salt
For the Filling:
1 Cup of Natural PB (regular PB would work, but the natural oils make the PB easier to mix)
1/2 a package of cream cheese softened
1/2 Cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk (YUM!!!)
1. Crush the oreos with a rolling pin or food processor (or have you toddler jump on the bag haha).
2. In a big mixing bowl add the butter to the crushed oreos and then pour into a pie dish, molding around the edges.
3. Place dish in freezer while you work on the filling.
4. Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and blend evenly.
5. Take the pie dish out of the freezer and pour filling onto crust.
6. Finally chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
Joy topped hers with fresh whipped cream which would be ultra yummy (we just didn't have any heavy cream on hand).
It is just the pie to get you through the mid-week hump!