No she isn't sneezing or about to dive face first into the batter. I said give me the most surprised face you have, and this is what I got. :) Cute little thing....hehe She is wearing the jersey to hopefully bring some luck to her daddy's team! Anyways, on to the post---
If there are three things I love it is butter, brown sugar, and babies (there was another one, but she was attached to my leg therefore not show on camera). We made these cookies from a variation of my grandmother's chocolate cookie recipe. These key is to take them out a little early so that they are nice and mushy and gooey in the middle. Pete prefers them crispy so we mix it up every now and then, but if you ask me, gooey is the way to go! Laura agrees!
Gram's Chocolate Cookie Recipe (with added Mommy and Laura pizazz)
1 bag of semi-sweets
1 1/2 sticks of sweet cream butter
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup plain sugar
1 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350, then cream the butter and both sugars together until completely combined (this is the part that Laura and I can't stand because it is too tempting to not taste).
2. Add eggs and vanilla and almond extracts and continue to beat on medium until completely combined.
3. In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients EXCLUDING the chips and almonds-they go in last.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry, blending with a beater on low (so it doesn't make a mess, but if you have a fancy kitchenaid then blend away! :))
5. Lastly, add your chips and almonds and stir by hand until fully mixed. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for about 8-10 minutes (11 minutes make them crispy).