Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Homemade Cinnamon and Sprinkled Donuts!
We got invited to brunch the other day and it was so exciting because our Saturday mornings usually consist of laying around in our pajamas, the kids running wild, and the husband and I procrastinating the day's work of laundry, yard work, and cleaning. A fun and fancy time called for fun and fancy donuts--although these are really just fun, not too fancy. My number 2 helped to dip and dunk the donuts while the other two got baths, so kids can help out a little with these.
Donut Pan (My mom got mine on Amazon and they are relatively cheap at places like Home Goods too.)
Mixer or beaters
2 cups of flour
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Butter melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar for dipping
1 tablespoon of honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease donut pans.
2. Add all dry ingredients together in a mixer or with beaters and then slowly add eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter.
3. Grab a cup and plastic bag. Line the cup with the bag and fill the bag with donut batter.
4. Cut a hole in the bottom corner of the bag to create a piping bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan about half way up (if you over fill it you will end up with a muffin looking creation).
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then pop donuts out of pan. I usually use a butter knife to ease them out.
6. While the muffins are still hot take the amount that you would like to be cinnamon sugar flavored and toss with the mixture in a bowl.
7. Dip the remaining muffins in honey (just the tops) and then immediately in sprinkles.