The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Miracle Stain Remover You Have In Your Cabinets!

 I found this cool little trick on Tip Nut.  They have some very cool little tricks and tips on there you should check it out!  Anyways, this is a miracle cleaner because it is non-toxic and you probably have it in your pantry or cabinets!

Ok so you can see the DISGUSTING stain on my carpet...not sure how it got there which is probably more scary.  Oh well it won't be there for much longer!


 All you need is an old rag, a sponge or spray bottle, 1/3 cup vinegar, 2/3 cups warm water, and an iron!

Dab/spray the area with the vinegar/water solution until damp.  Place the rag on top of the stain and set the iron to the "cotton" setting or about medium.  Hold the iron on the stain for about 10 seconds alternating spots until you have covered the entire stain.  You may need to add a little more of the solution if the stain doesn't come up immediately.  You are basically just steam cleaning your rug with a harmless cleaner.



This is the area where the stain was.  Pretty amazing for a few minutes of work, plus I didn't douse my carpet with smelly chemicals or anything like that.  I have seen alternative methods using ammonia, while it may do the trick a little quicker, I liked the idea of vinegar better.  The stain wasn't in a room that I could "tape off" from the girls and I just didn't feel like doing it at night when they were sleeping--lazy!  :)

Have fun cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment