Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Smoked Salmon and Pea Pasta
I should call this the "empty the fridge" pasta dish :) I had friends over earlier in the week and picked up some smoked salmon from Trader Joe's, along with some fat free cream cheese and capers to make mini salmon and caper sandwiches. Anyways, I had extras so I threw everything together and thankfully the family enjoyed it!
8 oz of fat free cream cheese
1 box of fettuccine
1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
6 oz (about half a package of smoked salmon)
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of French Thyme
1 clove of garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water for pasta and cook pasta till al dente.
2. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, pour chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add garlic and stir.
3. After the garlic has been incorporated, add the cream cheese and allow it to melt.
4. Once the cream cheese has melted, add the milk and stir with a whisk. Slowly add the thyme and salt and pepper.
5. Finally add the peas and salmon and cook until the salmon is light pink in color and the peas have completely thawed and are warm.
6. Drain the pasta and add the sauce to the pasta and wa-lah! :)
The girls nibbled it right up! :) It was quick and looked way fancier than it actually was to create. Enjoy!