Roasted Corn and Chicken Carbonara
1 Chicken breast ( I threw mine in a mini crockpot with some chicken stock earlier in the afternoon, made this easy because the chicken just fell apart!)
1 package of Linguini
Half a pack (about 6 oz) of Fat Free Cream Cheese or Neufchetal Cheese
1 Cup Chicken Stock/Veggie Stock
6 strips of Turkey Bacon
1 1/2 cups of Trader Joes' Roasted Corn (AMAZING and should be a freezer staple!)
1 cup of frozen peas
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 garlic clove minced
Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta, about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium pot or sauce pan over medium heat, add the oil and turkey bacon. Brown bacon will crispy.
3. Add the chicken to the bacon and break up into chunks. Stir and immediately add corn and peas.
4. Lower the heat to medium/low.
5. In a small pot, add cream cheese and chicken or veggie stock. Stir until cheese cheese has melted and a cream sauce has been created. Add garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. (You now have a healthy version of an Alfredo!)
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta to the bacon/veggie/chicken mixture and pour the cream sauce on top!
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve!
I have some seriously picky eaters in my house, but they cleaned their plates! :) Plus, the hubby liked the addition of bacon to my usual pasta and pea dishes. He would have preferred the real deal bacon, but he said that it was tasty all the same. I save some fat and calories too. This meal took about 35 minutes from opening the cabinet to get the pot to serving my last hungry mouth!