The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Bit of Sparkle!


We had paper mache letters up in Laura's room that were painted a basic pink and green, but after our recent trip to Chicago's Land of Nod, I was instantly inspired by all the creativity that hung from their walls!  For those of you who haven't heard of Land of Nod, it's Crate and Barrel's kids' line.  They have adorable furniture, decor, and toys.  They only have a few stores throughout the country so I love visiting the Oak Brook store when we go to visit Pete's family in Chicago.

One of the coolest ideas that we saw was the yarn wrapped letters.  It was easy and it added neat texture to her walls.  I had the yarn lying around the house, so that part of the project was free.  As for the glittered letters, I repainted them teal (just one light brushed on coat) and then covered them with glue.  I used an old box to contain all the glitter.  It was an incredibly easy project and one that she really appreciated.  She says her room looks like Hollywood!  Haha!  If only I didn't figure out earlier that it would be this easy to impress my little one!  I had some helpers....well...they tried....oh and yes, they got into the glitter box when Mommy and Daddy weren't paying attention-MESS!

"I sooo good at painting Momma, I pom-iss!"-  Caroline

Caroline has asked when her name will be going up on the wall...very soon, Caro, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment