The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We're Back--and we're cooking!!

 Oh we have been away for so long!  I have really missed the pig and I knew that I needed to pick it back up because my little beauties are growing, growing everyday!

We went to the farmers' market today at Kidwell Farm.  There were Andean guitarists, a magician, brownies, and these huge red-velvet colored roman tomatoes.......

My sister LOVED tomatoes.  She would eat them whole just like an apple.  I, on the other hand was never much of a fan--probably just out of protest and wanting to be different.  When I saw these speckled oblong tomatoes I was intrigued.  When the vendor cut one up for me--I was hooked.  Katie, this dish is for you!


Grown Up Farmer's Market Dinner Salad  (I call it grown up because Laura says that the cheese went "bad." obviously not something that 3 year olds like I guess haha)

1 small handful of crumbled Gorgonzola
2 ears of corned-steamed and taken off the ear
1 pint of tiny new potatoes- cooked
a bag of Spring Mix
half a red onion sliced
2 teaspoons of freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon of ground sea salt
Drizzle of olive oil
1 gorgeous roman tomato

Add everything to a big bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a short bit so the taters cool.
 (Everything was purchased at the market, except the cheese--that I got at Trader Joe's)

I am planning on enjoying this later with a glass of Pinot Grigio that I got from the Ramona Singer wine signing yesterday!  Ahh the life of a stay at home mom--eating gourmet food, meeting celebrities--did I mention that my aunt is now best friends with Carson Kressly??  Yes it is a glamorous life!

So glad to be back in blogosphere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment