The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Monday, March 14, 2011

We have in artist in residence--literally!!!

Last week the girls and I went to the Chocolate Festival in our little town.  There were lots of fun cakes to judge and free candies to eat, but nothing was as much fun as the gallery!  We walked into the gallery intially because it was sooo windy and we needed a break to warm up, however we ended up staying because Laura found her calling-and possibly a new friend!  (Auntie MP you would be proud of your grand niece!)

The artist was working hard on his piece when Laura walked up.  She just started for a bit, and then you asked her to put her own twist on the picture.
She painted and painted and painted--with real oil paints and a HUGE brush!
I love this picture because it shows how little she is compared to the giant easel.
The finished product!

We got the artist's permission to post these pictures.  He handed us a postcard but it had several names on it, so I am in the process of searching the internet for his work so that I can give him credit.  In the rush of babies starting to fuss I forgot to ask him his name.  Once I find out, I will be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment