The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homemade Cocoa on a Rainy Day!

While I am recuperating at home, I have been blessed to have my mom here to play with the kids.  There has been no end to the fun.  :) Laura has an in-home customer who can "purchase" items from her kitchen and play doh shop whenever she wants.  It has been great.  I love having my mom here but I admit, I haven't had to cook or do anything of that nature in about a week.  Between my husband, mother-in-law, and my own mom, I have been taking care of very well.  I figured that today was the day to get back into fighting shape.

I started with cocoa.  I made it for breakfast and again after lunch.  This recipe is not for the faint of heart. It is dangerously good if I may say so myself.  :) But it isn't healthy by any stretch of the imagine.  However, it is good to fill little bellies with on gloomy afternoons like this one.  Below are some pictures of what this cocoa can do to you when consumed in large portions.

Killer Cocoa


1/2 cup of dark cocoa powder
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp of mini semi-sweets

1.  Warm cocoa and sugar over medium heat and slowly add water to make a chocolate paste.
2.  Once the mixture is bubbling, add milk and stir for about a minute.
3.  Add chips and stir.
4.  Add cream and whisk till frothy.

 My girls like their cocoa straight up with two ice cubes in a sippy cup--Caroline prefers her marshmallow on the side.
 You're not getting this marshmallow Nonnie!
Cocoa makes Laura lose her clothes and attack anyone who stand in her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment