Happy Holidays People!! Above is a picture of my girls in their Christmas dresses. For more pics of the babies check out my mom's blog, Nonni's Munckins @ blogspot.
My appreciation of yoga pants has grown deeper during the past month. As the amount of cookies and cupcakes in my house has increased, my yoga pants has gotten a lot of wear; with their dark color and stretchiness, it's really all I need..hehe. Anyways, in addition to my love for comfy pants, I also love these yummy little jewels that are great for parties or playdate. You'll wow your friends with your "gourmet goodies" but they are very easy to make!
Banana Spice Cupcakes and Maple Buttercream Frosting
1 box of Spice Cake Mix
2 bananas mashed
2 1/2 sticks of real butter
2 cups of of maple syrup (the darker the better grade, but Mrs. Butterworth's will do if that is what you got!)
6 egg yolks
1. Prepare cake mix as the box instructs, however sub half the oil for the banana mash (you'll still get that moist flavor).
2. After your cupcakes have baked (about 20 minutes) let them cool on a rack, and start the homemade frosting!!
3. Separate 6 egg yolks and beat with mixer on high for 4 minutes until fluffy.
4. Heat maple syrup in microwave for 2 minutes and then add to eggs. Continue to beat on high for another 2 minutes.
5. Finally cut the butter into small cubes (it is easier to beat that way) and beat on high until pretty and fluffy! Wa-la! Tasty Treats!
6. Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon on your mini-cakes!
Enjoy the New Year!!!