The Big Pink Pig

A cooking, baking, sewing, and creating blog about life with my little pink piggies.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hush Little Baby....

Ever since these darned teeth have been coming in, Caroline has been having the worst time with naps and going down by herself. I have tried to Ferberize her but all that does is make Mommy a ball of stress! I have tried Barton Schmitt's method, by comforting her constantly and giving her a soft toy. Neither method worked for poor Caroline. She just loves her cuddles (hehe and secretly so do I...are you starting to see the problem?). So anyways, I moved the glider into her room yesterday afternoon and I made her a mixed CD of lullabies and I am pleased to say that they have worked! Well at least for now (they change so much!)

Laura enjoyed the Rockabye Baby series and I thought that they were pretty cute too. It is a collection of modern or popular songs put to the harpsichord. They are really cute but are mostly harder rock artists. I looked on iTunes for an alternative and I found The Lullabye Ensemble. They are sooo cute! They have a variety of genres. My personal favorite is "Baby Goes New Wave." It is all 80's songs and they even include Journey, Dexy's Midnight Runners, and The Buggles. Check it out! I also found it on Rhapsody so you can sample the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment